- Landscaping accounts for about half the water consumers use at home. Showers account for another 18 percent, while toilets use about 20 percent.
- Showering and bathing are the largest indoor uses (27%) of water domestically.
- The average American uses 140-170 gallons of water per day.
- A leaky faucet can waste 100 gallons a day.
- Water lawns during the early morning hours, or evening when temperatures and wind speed are the lowest. This reduces losses from evaporation.
- Water lawns once per week to create a healthier, deeper root system.
- You can refill an 8-oz glass of water approximately 15,000 times for the same cost as a six-pack of soda pop.
SOUTH CAROLINA COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE RESOURCES
The list below consists of community assistance agencies within Palmetto Utilities' and Palmetto Wastewater Reclamation's service territories. These agencies have been identified as potential providers of services that may be able to help our customers who are experiencing a financial hardship. Please visit their websites or give them a call to determine which provider would be the best option for your need.